Sunday, March 30, 2014

Key to the Kingdom

Played 3/20/14...

Good day, all.  This is a quick AAR of the Secondhand Lion's play of Key to the Kingdom (KttK).

As a bit of background, I try to host twice a month.  One time we feature as a 'board game' night, the other a 'miniatures' night.  This night was of the former variety.

We had a full complement of six players, which proved to be an interesting, but long night of KttK.  Kenny brought over the "dungeon-delving" prize: a brass unicorn!  This traveling 'trophy' will surely be seen in later installments of our group's escipades!

For my part, the game consisted of my character moving toward a location, only to have the treasure taken from it before I could reach the place.  That would then force me to move to another part of the board.  In essence, I spent the whole evening doing nothing but looking like Ozzy Osbourne wandering around his back yard shouting "Karen!".  I eventually camped out near the exit and waited for the person with the key to wander by so I could mug him and win.  It didn't work...

Long story short, there were moments of hilarity as characters failed their rolls in the most spectacular ways to prolong the game.  What should have been an hour-long adventure turned into the entire evening.

Here's the board toward end-game:



Yes, that's me in green, lurking...


Eventually, Terry found the key.  We decided that enough was enough and declared him the champion.

Kenny presented the brass unicorn to Terry...



...who then showed his true champion's spirit.


All in all, you can't call an evening with friends, my wife's awesome 'crack corn' and beer a bad one...


No comments:

Post a Comment